|Our aim is to clarify the mechanism of respiratory disease and establish novel treatment, trough translational research. The projects of our research are as follows：
- Anti-tumor immune response induced by cancer associated fibroblasts (CAF) and development of new immunotherapy for lung adenocarcinoma
- The clinical research for combined cancer immunotherapy with escape of tumor immune suppression and active immunity.
- The development of treatment for small cell lung cancer by controlling activation of tumor-associated macrophages.
- Elucidation of the clinical significance and functional analyses of tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes expressing drebrin in lung cancer patients.
- Development of a novel cancer therapy targeted at gut microbiome in advanced thoracic malignancies.
- The elucidation of the mechanism of fibrosis in health screening-detected interstitial lung abnormality(ILA).
- The strategy of appropriate antibiotic use in the treatment of intractable respiratory tract infections.
- Research on the development of new treatment methods for acute exacerbation of IPF and progressive pulmonary fibrosis (PPF).
- Novel cytokine function by analysis of autoantibody against certain cytokines, such as GM-CSF and IFN-γ.
- Elucidation of the host immune response to lung nontuberculous mycobacterial infection