Department of Metabolic Medicine
Great Departments / Metabolic and Cardiovascular Medicine
|Associate Professor||Takeshi Matsumura|
|Lecturer||Tatsuya Kondo (University Hospital Affiliation)
|Assistant Professor||Junji Kawashima|
|Assistant Professor||Takafumi Senokuchi|
|Assistant Professor||Masaji Sakaguchi|
Our main focuses are on molecular analysis and development of new treatments in the field of metabolic and endocrine disorders. In the field of diabetes, we are focusing on the
- 1.mechanisms of insulin secretion and insulin signaling,
- 2.role of mitochondrial oxidative stress on diabetic complications,
- 3.regeneration of pancreatic ß-cells,
- 4.differentiation and function of white adipose tissues,
- 5.clinical application of Mild Electric current and Thermo (MET) therapy to reduce visceral fat and improve insulin resistance, and
- 6.non-invasive measurement of skin AGEs to evaluate diabetic vascular complications.
In the field of endocrinology, we are focusing on the
- 1.pathophysiology and diagnosis of adrenal tumor,
- 2.harmful effects of aldosterone on pancreatic ß-cells and its prevention by eprerenone.
- 3.pathophysiology of glucose intolerance in acromegaly
In the field of lipid metabolism, atherosclerosis and obesity, we are focusing on
- 1.role of AMPK on atherogenesis,
- 2.role of macrophage proliferation in atherosclerotic lesion formation,
- 3.impact of PPAR activation in atherosclerosis, and
- 4.genetic background of obesity in human.